If it's your first time here, remember to scroll to the first entry on April 19, 2010. Start at the beginning just like I did.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Battle The Cravings

It was not a good night last night.  I had this terrible craving for chocolate and a burger.  I kept seeing commercials for food on TV and then I was watching a show and they were eating chocolate.  I wanted to scream and run out and get a pound of chocolate and hit the drive thru at Wendy's.
So I made it through it.  I stressed a bit, but I managed to fight the evil crave monster. 
The cravings actually started while I was at school studying.  I smelled peanut butter crackers.  I rationalized that it wouldn't throw me off that much to have some crackers.  I had lost so much already and felt it was ok.  I got them and ate them.  Well, it didn't take long for my body to let me know that it wasn't cool.  Needless to say, I spent a considerable amount of time in the restroom.  It was unbelievable how just a few peanut butter crackers would send my body into this rejection mode so quickly.  So, to sumarize;  rationalizing is not good, rewarding is good, but making excuses for eating something I sholdn't will come with a price.  If it wasn't spending time in the restroom, it would have been not losing weight and worse, gaining it.
I also received a text from my health coach around that time.  Couldn't have planned it better.  She is great about being positive.  But I also know she can be the drill Sergeant of TSFL.  There were a few times she let me have it when I needed it.
So, today is a new day and another day closer to achieving my goals.

1 comment:

  1. Commercials are the worst! They can make you crave things you don't even want. In January, I had a tumor in the roof of my mouth that had to be removed. As a result, I had to go about two weeks on a liquid diet. The commercials drove me CRAZY! I would tell my husband after every commercial, that when I could eat again, I was going to eat(fill in the blank.) When I could eat again, I didn't want any of that junk!!! But the commercials had made me think I wanted it all! LOL

    ReplyDelete